Last Wednesday, I was invited to the harvest table at Nellie James Too, a new restaurant that has opened in the downtown core. No strangers to Hamilton food scene, Chef Ken LeFebour, and wife, Jacquie, showcased their new gourmet food experience with family style dining. The table was reflection of the fall season, as well as all of the wonderful relationships that they have cultivated through the food community – growers, farmers, bloggers, friends, and foodies.
Nellie James Too effortlessly creates a farm to table experience that is unique. Chef Ken and Jacquie, engage with gratitude, and remind us that it is a system of intimate relationships that brings great food to the table. It was quite a sight to see a large table hushed in anticipation for next course, presented by Chef LeFebour, only to have conversation erupt immediately after the first bites were consumed.
The carefully composed dishes featured locally sourced, chef-driven gourmet food were stunning. I am looking forward to more Nellie James Too creations, now that they are right around the corner!
The Harvest Table Menu:
- Roasted Foraged Mushrooms with Candied Garlic and Sheep Cheese, Red Wine Reductions (Yes, you read that correctly. Foraged. Mushrooms.)
- East Coast Smoked Haddock, Thai Coconut Broth, Charred Pablano Peppers, Cilantro Emulsion, Smoked Cheddar Touli
- Moroccan Pulled Pork Stew with Pork Belly Hollandaise, Pickled Dragon Kale
- Balsamic + Thyme Marinated Flank, Roasted Black Radish and Cheddar Cauliflower Pilaf
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and Roasted Mutsu Apples
My first experience with Chef Ken LeFebour + the Nellie James crew was amazing, I grateful for my full belly and full heart – their love and excitement for good food is infectious.
IRL: 164 James Street South in Hamilton