Contributor Vanessa Kunderman is back with her weekly tips on making your own alcoholic bevvies. In her third piece she’ll teach you how to make a seasonal drink that’ll keep you warm all fall long.
I’m one of the many people who fall victim to needing everything to be pumpkin flavoured as soon as fall begins. To celebrate the first week of autumn I poured myself a pumpkin shandy… and lit pumpkin spice candles, made pumpkin soup and wore a pumpkin-hued scarf for good measure. I love pumpkin.
This drink froths really nicely and holds its foam like a latté when the club soda is added at the end. It will foam like crazy when you add the pumpkin beer so take a cue from your serving days and pour the beer into your glass at an angle.
If you like a drink that is less sweet, (and less fun) you may substitute the lemonade for lemon juice, and add more club soda.
3 pumps vanilla agave nectar (or vanilla syrup)
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp sugar
1. Fill half your glass with lemonade.
2. Add three pumps of agave nectar and stir.
3. Mix pumpkin pie spice and sugar together, and then add to mixture until crystals dissolve.
4. Carefully add pumpkin beer.
5. Top with club soda and stir.
6. Sprinkle extra pumpkin pie spice for garnish and serve.boozy little black book, diy, drink recipes, pumpkin shandy, Recipes, vanessa kunderman